The Active Travel (Wales) Act 2013 aims to make walking and cycling the most attractive option for shorter ‘active travel’ journeys.
All local authorities in Wales have to produce active travel maps and improve routes and facilities for pedestrians and cyclists.
Newport City Council has created active travel existing routes maps (ERM) - see below - and has to submit a set of integrated network maps (INM) to Welsh Government by 24 September 2017.
Information gathering workshops
Come along to one of the following events and share your information with the team.
- 30 November 2016, 2pm-7pm at Graig Community Centre, Bassaleg
- 16 December 2016, 9am-1pm at Tredegar House Library, Duffryn
- 10 January 2017, 5pm-9pm at Active Living Centre, Bettws
- 17 January 2017, 12pm-4pm at Fourteen Locks Canal Centre, Rogerstone
- 31 January 2017, 2pm-7pm at Newport International Sports Village, Spytty
- 9 February 2017, 2pm-7pm at Caerleon Library, Caerleon town hall
Existing route maps (ERM)
Download Bettws ERM (pdf)
Download Caerleon ERM (pdf)
Download Castleton and Marshfield ERM (pdf)
Download Newport central and north ERM (pdf)
Download Newport south east ERM (pdf)
Download Newport south west ERM (pdf)
Download Rogerstone ERM (pdf)
Email email@example.com for further information