Supported housing gateway
Newport’s Supported Housing Gateway
This page explains what the supported housing Gateway is and how to access the service.
The supported housing Gateway provides a single point of access and exit to and from supported housing in Newport and ensures the most appropriate accommodation for people.
Access the Gateway
A Gateway surgery is held at the Information Station on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 10am and 12pm, please contact the Gateway co-ordinator below to confirm these times.
You can also make an appointment to discuss supported housing needs at other times.
Self-referrals are welcome although the co-ordinator may have to request further information from partner agencies.
Immediate accommodation cannot be guaranteed and an additional interview or assessment following the referral may be required.
The following supported housing schemes are part of the Gateway:
- In2change - a 10 bed space Gwalia project for single people aged 18+ with drug and/or alcohol issues
- Ty Trosiad - a 10 bed space Gwalia project for single people aged 18+ with an offending history
- Fynnon Crisis - a drop-in Gwalia service for people with or a history of substance misuse issues
- Clarence Place - a 26 bed space Solas project for single people aged 18+ with complex needs
- Albert Street - a 21 bed space Solas short-term housing project for single people aged 18+
- Clytha Square - a 6 bed space Llamau project for single young people aged 16 to 21
- TASA (Temporary Accommodation Advice and Assistance) - floating support for single people and families placed in temporary accommodation and owed a statutory homeless duty by Newport City Council
- Supported housing - 16 bed spaces in 4 Mind shared houses for people aged 18+ with mental health issues
- Women’s Service - 5 bed space Llamau hostel for women only aged 16+ with a range of complex support needs
- LIFT (Life in First Tenancy) - floating support provided by Llamau for 30 young people and 6 single vulnerable parents aged 16 to 24
Gateway Co-ordinator, Housing Needs Unit, Information Station, Queensway, Newport, NP20 4AX
Email: email@example.com or telephone (01633) 656656