What can I recycle
Shops selling more than 32kg of batteries a year (equivalent to selling one pack of AA batteries a week) now have to provide battery recycling collection facilities in store.
If you do not live near a supermarket you can take them to the following place to be recycled:
• Central library and museum, John Frost Square
• Household Waste Recycling Centre, Docksway
• Information Station, Queensway
• Maindee car park recycling bay
• Newport Centre, Kingsway
• Tregwilym road recycling bay
• Wastesavers Community Furniture Shop, Commercial Road.
How to cut down on battery waste
To reduce your battery waste you can do a few simple things:
• Use rechargeable batteries wherever possible - you can even buy a solar powered recharger
• Plug electrical equipment into the mains electricity
• Try to buy appliances that use renewable energy: a wind-up radio or torch, dynamo bicycle lights or a solar powered calculator
Content ID: CONT466534