Cookies Cookies are small files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to personalise your visit. Follow the link to find out how
Newport City Council uses cookies.

Click the continue button for us to remember your decision.

  1. Find Council Services
  2. a
  3. b
  4. c
  5. d
  6. e
  7. f
  8. g
  9. h
  10. i
  11. j
  12. k
  13. l
  14. m
  15. n
  16. o
  17. p
  18. q
  19. r
  20. s
  21. t
  22. u
  23. v
  24. w
  25. x
  26. y
  27. z

Visiting Newport

Street Parties

Street parties are linked with royal and other national events and are organised by and for residents only as a private event.

If you are thinking of organising a street party, you will need to contact the council and apply for a road closure.

Apply to hold a street party

Download a Street Party application form (pdf), complete and return it to:

Head of StreetScene
Street Works Section
Newport City Council
Civic Centre
NP20 4 UR

Or email your application to no later than 28 days before the proposed event.

Other information

Before you apply for your street party and road closure, you must consult with all residents and shops, etc, that will be affected.

If your application is successful a formal notice that needs to be displayed in your street will be sent.

You must not sell any food or alcohol at your event without a separate license. Please contact for more information.

For further information visit the Street Party website.

Please use this form to help us improve our website; if you have a specific query, or require a response, please use our online contact form

Content ID: cont557012