Dog Control Service
Dog Re-homing service
Unclaimed stray dogs in Newport are available to good, loving homes! The Newport City Council re-homing service includes:
- help and advice on selecting the most suitable dog, with a home visit discussion with you and your family
- a two week trial period to see if you and the dog are a suitable match with our very experienced and dedicated staff on hand to help with any issues
- ensuring that your new dog is vaccinated and wormed
- charging a reasonable price to include microchipping
- neutering advice from the Dogs Trust or Coronation Kennels
All prospective adopters will have a home check by Dog Wardens before a dog is placed.
Recently a labradoodle called Mila was successfully re-homed.
Tashi, as she is now known, has a new home and her owners wrote to say:
“Just to let you know we are both in love with Tashi, the 12 month old Labradoodle we had from you last Thursday. She is so loving,and well-behaved. She sleeps soundly in her warm bed each night and is getting on with our cat."
For dogs not claimed or re-homed, the council works with Hope Rescue (opens new website) which provides an excellent fostering and re-homing service so that no dog able to live a healthy and happy life is put down.