Cookies Cookies are small files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to personalise your visit. Follow the link to find out how
Newport City Council uses cookies.

Click the continue button for us to remember your decision.

  1. Find Council Services
  2. a
  3. b
  4. c
  5. d
  6. e
  7. f
  8. g
  9. h
  10. i
  11. j
  12. k
  13. l
  14. m
  15. n
  16. o
  17. p
  18. q
  19. r
  20. s
  21. t
  22. u
  23. v
  24. w
  25. x
  26. y
  27. z


Disabled people no longer have to register as disabled and technically do not need a green card.

To have rights under the Disability Discrimination Act 1995, a disabled person only has to show they meet the definition of disability. 

Green registration card

Green registration cards are still available from Newport City Council for people, living in the Newport council area, who are deaf, blind, partially sighted or otherwise physically disabled.

Cards are issued for life, except when an address or name changes in which case a re-application has to be made.

Apply to:

Social Services
Newport City Council
Corn Exchange
High Street
NP20 1RG


Tel: (01633) 656656

Blue badge

People who are registered blind and those with severe upper limb disabilities can apply for a blue badge (national parking concession).

Disabled facilities grant

Private owners and private tenants can apply for a disabled facilities grant

Please use this form to help us improve our website; if you have a specific query, or require a response, please use our online contact form

Content ID: N_054159