The Creditors Team is responsible for the timely and accurate payment to all the Authority’s creditors including contractors, foster parents, utility companies and student awards.
The main Creditor functions are:
- preparation, checking and input of data onto the Authority’s accounts payable system
- maintenance of control procedures such as assessing sub-contractor and self employment status in accordance with statutory legislation
- production of management information for monitoring quality of service
- processing cheque and BACS payments
- implement and maintain procedures necessary for the correct payment of contractors in the construction industry
- deduction of Construction Industry Scheme sums from creditors in accordance with statutory regulations
Payment of Invoices
If you wish to enquire on a payment due to you from the Council, your enquiry should be directed in the first instance to the Service Area that ordered the goods or services from you.
If you currently receive payments from the Civic Centre by means of a cheque why not switch to BACS and have the payment made direct into your bank account? If you are interested in receiving payment by this method you can telephone or fax the numbers below to request a form to send your details to the Payment Section who will then arrange for this.
In addition, if you currently receive payment by BACS and have an e-mail address you can receive your remittance advice by this method instead of having it posted to you. This would mean your receiving the remittance advice earlier than the posted advice. If you would like to take advantage of this please e-mail your details to the e-mail address shown below and future advices will be sent to you by this method.
The Creditors Team can be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.orgPayment Section
Finance Service Area
Newport City Council
Telephone (01633) 656656
Fax (01633) 232490
Content ID: CONT031427