What is e-government?
In practical terms, e-government, or electronic government, is about helping people to get better access to local and central government services using the telephone, email or internet.
As well as finding out information about services, you should also be able to report and request services and make payments without filling in a paper form.
Newport City Council's IEG Statement (Implementing Electronic Government) sets out progress to date and details future plans for implementing the Council's e-government strategy.
These are some of the improved access to services introduced by the Council so far:
- Access to all council services through one telephone number, (01633) 656656
- Fill and submit online application for selected council services
- Information and forms for Council Tax payments, including online payment
- Contact details for your local councillor
- Library resources and services available online through LION (Libraries and Information Online in Newport)
- A searchable database of childcare provision in the Newport area, plus a dedicated Children’s Information Service helpline (0800 328 8483)
- A ‘what’s on’ events listing – add details of your local events
More services will be added as they become available – watch this space!
For further information please contact:
Head of Information Systems & Communications
Newport City Council
South Wales NP20 4UR